Pupils love this school and so do their parents and carers. Pupils say they learn new things every day.
Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in September 2021. We were very pleased that the overall inspection judgment was that St Martin de Porres Catholic School continues to be a 'good school'.
Some of the comments from the report included:
- Pupils love this school and so do their parents and carers. Pupils say they learn new things every day.
- All staff and leaders care about the pupils and their families. Safeguarding is at the forefront of their minds.
- Staff value and celebrate all the diverse cultures that make up this happy school.
- The school curriculum is well designed.
- Leaders’ expectations for each and every child are high.
- Staff support pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) well.
- Staff are happy in school. They feel valued by leaders. Governors take staff well-being seriously.
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Religious Education Inspection
Our last RE Inspection was in May 2017 when our RE provision was judged to be outstanding.
The Diocesan team noted that:
- A major strength of the school, and central to its ethos and daily activities, is an outstanding Catholic life, evident in strong committed leadership, concern for pupil welfare and spiritual development and the promotion of Catholic Christian values and virtues.
- The provision of collective worship is outstanding.
- Pupils make excellent progress in their learning and attainment, supported by an outstanding curriculum.
- St Martin de Porres is an inclusive school where children of all beliefs are welcomed and valued, and where they understand, respect and support the Catholic nature of the school.
- Spiritual, moral and vocational development is very good and often outstanding in terms of provision and impact.